The body roll will help you control your breathing and body rotation. The body roll is performed with both arms by your side while rotating slowly from side to side. By using a snorkel and fins, this drill allows you to focus on controlling your body rotation while keeping a good streamline.
How to do it
- Kick with both arms by your side, with your head in a neutral position, facing down
- Now slowly rotate to one side, lifting one shoulder out of the water
- Rotate back to neutral position
- Repeat the same movement on the other side.
- Make sure your hips and feet also turn to the side
- During the roll, keep your head in a neutral position, facing down
- Engage your core to control your movements
- Maintain a constant kick to stay high in the water
Combine this drill with swimming freestyle with a snorkel. Focus only on body rotation and head position. By mastering this drill you will notice that your breathing becomes easier and your recovery a lot smoother.