This drill helps you practice swimming towards the wall and making a flipturn. However, you do this without the wall yet to practice turning small and with speed.
How to do it
- Push off the wall and make a few freestyle strokes
- After the last stroke before the flip, both arms should be by your hips
- Now put your chin on your chest and bow down from the waist line
- Tuck your knees into your chest and flip small and fast
- Make a strong last stroke before flipping to gain extra speed
- Finish your stroke completely before putting your chin on you chest
- Keep both hands at your hips, your hands should not support your roll
- Flip small and fast
Practice makes perfect, once your have mastered a flip after making a few strokes, you are ready for the next step of our flipturn progression, which is flipping against the wall.